For Google, Meta tags aren’t really important at all and do not help boost the ranking in the Search Engine Results Pages or SERPs. But Yahoo and other minor search engines, however, uses Meta tags so might as well use it for pleasing them.
And what do Meta tag look like? Here’s what it looks like.
content=”KEYWORD1 KEYWORD2 KEYPHRASE1 etc.
about 30 to 40 unique words”>
content=”An accurate, keyword-rich description
about 150 characters”>
Tips for Your Meta-tags Description
• Put some keywords on your Meta tag.
• For a single web page, only use 150 characters for description.
• Do not repeat words often, use syntaxes instead.
• Different page equals different Meta tag and description. Tips for Your Meta-tags Keywords
• Unique keywords are a must.
• Try to use synonyms with it.
• Repetition of phrases is a no-no! A Quick Glance of the Robot Identifier
This is how a Meta-tags that identifies Robot look life.
<meta name=”robots” content=”noindex, nofollow”>
With the help of this Meta tag, you’ll be able to spot on which are a robot or a spider and the likes that you don’t want to be on your pages.